Do you need a little boost to your exercise regime? Would you like more tone or to shape up for summer fun? Amazon Prime Day has discounts on top-brand workout clothes and strength-building weight sets to Apple Watches and Fitbit fitness trackers.
Amazon Prime Day, the retail giant’s two-day and biggest sale of the year, continues to offer more than one million deals, from household appliances to the hottest technology, until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 22.
Need more exercise inspiration? We asked for tips from Oregon PE teachers and they sounded less like boot-camp instructors and more like an encouraging gym partner with such advice as build a routine and stick to it as best as you can.
Here’s another yes-you-can tip: Try to have at least 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity every day. But that doesn’t have to be accomplished all in one block of time, they said.
To support your health goals, we found exercise-related products on sale for a lot less than you’d expect. Here are highlights:
Weights and plates
Oregon PE teacher tip: Pick a challenge of the day such as core strengthening and see how many rounds you can do.
- P.volve ankle weights target legs, thighs, calves, ankles and glutes ($15.99, save 20%).
- Kettlebell iron weights are on sale, from $19.59 (were $27.99) to a Bowflex 840 SelectTech kettlebell for $150.11 (save $9.95).
- Cast-iron weight plates for weightlifting, CrossFit and strengthening workouts are on sale. A 10-pound Sporzon weight plate is $18.39 (save 20%).
- Curl and pulldown bars are also part of Amazon Prime Day sales. A 48-inch, Olympics-inspired, super threaded curl bar is $74.99 (16% off).
- Weight vests for men and women are on sale: Lekaro’s 44-pound adjustable weighted vest made of soft, breathable PVE elastic rubber, double-layer nylon mesh material includes 96 electroplated steel plates to add 200 grams at a time ($103.10, save $25.78 or 20%).
Home gym equipment
Bowflex Home Gym Series, which offers more than 25 exercises for a full-body workout, is on deep discount at $599.99, a $200 savings (25%).
Sportsroyals’ steel-frame Power Tower, which can hold a rider’s weight up to 400 pounds, and has a dip station and pull-up bar is $143.21 (save $42.78 or 23%).
Flybird’ adjustable weight bench is $119.83 (save $120.16 or half price).
Fit Simplify’s heavy-duty loop resistance exercise bands with an instruction guide to use the bands for general exercise, stretching, strength training and power weight programs is on sale *set of 5 in a carry bag is $9.95).
Oregon PE teacher tip: Try new types of physical activity and switch up your music and equipment.
- Wireless earbuds can put you in a stereo-sound zone and block out distractions while you run or workout. Apekx Bluetooth earbuds are waterproof and come with a built-in mic and a charging case ($30.99, save $25 or 45%)
- Waist trimmers and ab trainers are on sale. Amazon shoppers have given almost 35,000 positive reviews for the Sweet Sweat waist trimmer ($14.91, save $8.04 or 35%)
- Amazon Basics offers high-density, round foam rollers for exercise, massage and muscle recovery that are 12-inches, 18-inches, 24-inches and 36-inches long, starting at $10.49.
- Sankuu’s water jug lets you see the water level decrease as you drink the 128 ounces of water and it marks your progress with motivational message such as “don’t give up” ($15.18, save $4.80 or 24%)
- Amazon has TVs on sale so low that it might be time to install one in the garage gym: A 24-inch Insignia smart HD Fire TV is $99.99 (save $70.00 or 41%)
- For running, walking or going on vacation, check out the low-profile fanny packs by Adidas and other brands, starting around $9
Track your progress
Oregon PE teacher tip: Set up a daily and weekly schedule to keep on task and accountable, and limit stress from feeling overloaded.
You can keep track of your progress with a dry-erase whiteboard chart or a smartwatch:
- Apple Watch Series 3 with GPS and an optical heart sensor in a silver aluminum case with a white sport band is $199 (was $229). See more Apple Watches for sale on Amazon
- Fitbit Sense advanced smartwatch with tools for heart health, stress management and skin temperature trends is $199.95 (save $99 or 33%). The graphite-colored watch comes with a small and large band. Exclusive to Prime members.
- Amazon Halo, which measures activity, sleep and body composition, is on sale for $69.99 (30% off)
Healthy meals and treats
Oregon PE teacher tip: No excuses, eat healthy.
- Juicer machines make it easy to consume fruits and vegetables. The Aicok extractor has a quiet motor and a reverse function as well as a cold press brush plus recipes ($109.99, save $90 or 45%)
- Healthy snacks are on sale. Fat Snax Keto cookies are low-carb, sugar-free and gluten-free (save 20% by paying $27.99 for a 12-pack, which means 24 chocolate chip cookies).
- Grain-free, low-carb treats like chocolate almonds and Keto chocolates are on sale
Athletic clothing and footwear
Oregon PE teacher tip: Spend time outside each day for a change in scenery and to receive a variety of health-enhancing benefits and an opportunity to relax and relieve stress.
Amazon Prime Day sales include exercise clothes for men, women and children.
See Lululemon clothing on Amazon as well as other comfy and stylish workout clothes on sale during Amazon Prime Day.
July’s Song five-piece, women’s exercise yoga set with a sport bra, T-shirt, shorts, pants and jacket is $31.91 (save $10.98 or 26%).
Men’s exercise shorts made of breathable fabrics are as low as $11.19 (save 20%) for athletic shorts with pockets and a drawstring.
Amazon’s best-selling weight-loss books are designed to guide and motivate.
“The Complete Plant-Based Cookbook: 500 Inspired, Flexible Recipes for Eating Well Without Meat” by America’s Test Kitchen, is on sale at $15.88 (a 45% discount).
“Feel Great, Lose Weight: Simple Habits for Lasting and Sustainable Weight Loss” by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee is on sale in audiobook format at $6.95 (was $13.99).
©2021 Advance Local Media LLC. Visit oregonlive.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.